Frequently Asked Questions
Back to Why Wellness | 2015 Wellness Outline
1. Q: What areas of my health will this screening assess?
A: The following areas will be addressed during your venipuncture health screening:
If the fingerstick screening option is chosen, Lipid Profile and Glucose tests will be measured.
2. Q: Will the health screening include a drug test?
A: No, the screening is not a drug test. The purpose is to provide you with a detailed assessment of your health so that you can be equipped to make the best choices for you.
3. Q: Who will have access to my health screening results?
A: No one will see your individual results except for you. The health screening and private consultation are strictly for your benefit. You can be assured that your results are completely confidential and that Circle Wellness complies with all HIPAA rules and regulations. Most importantly, it is against the law for anyone to be given your personal health results without your permission. Statewide Benefit Cooperative is only provided a Group Aggregate Report of the entire population, this report will not include any names or individual results.
4. Q: How long will the screening and consultation take?
A: The screening process takes about 10-15 minutes and then a Health Risk Appraisal is completed following the assessment which generally takes about 10-15 minutes for a total of 30 minutes on the day of the on- site screening. The consultation is a separate event with the venipuncture screening approximately 6 weeks post screening. The consultation takes 20 minutes.
5. Q: If I participate in both the health screening and private consultation, what financial incentive will I receive?
A: You will receive a 5% premium discount at the group level if you are enrolled in the health insurance plan.
6. Q: How do I sign-up? What are the steps?
A: Sign up with your Wellness Coordinator and Register online at www.circlewellness.com, click on “LOGIN”
- Click on the “Employee Registration?” link to build your profile
- Participate during your appointment time!
- Two to three weeks later you will get your health screening results with the venipuncture screening. The fingerstick screening provides immediate results for Lipid Profile and Glucose tests.
- Approximately six weeks post screening you will be asked to participate in a private consultation with the venipuncture screening.
7. Q: What do I get after the screening?
A: You will receive the following after your health screening:
- Within two to three weeks from the time of your screening, you will receive your confidential results package. Your report is mailed directly to your home.
- In your report, each test result will be explained and possible causes of abnormal findings given – our purpose is to make your test results easy to understand.
- The report will include reminders of all online, phone and other resources available through Circle Wellness for more information, follow-up and support for you to reach and maintain good health.
- For a 12-month period you will have secure online access to your results where you can get more information about each test, your results, how to maintain or improve them, when to follow-up with your doctor and more!
- You can also print out extra copies of your reports for your doctor(s).
- You will receive instructions in your confidential screening report that will be mailed to your home.
What’s included? Why do it?
Your Wellness screening includes:
- A blood chemistry panel with 29 measures including your cholesterol, glucose and other levels with the venipuncture screening. The fingerstick screening will include Lipid Profile and Glucose tests.
- The Health Power Profile HRA questionnaire.
- A confidential report mailed to your home and secure online access to results and helpful information for 12 months.
The main health benefits to you:
- Your results are confidential and can give you peace of mind that you are healthy in many ways!
- A wellness screening can help you discover ways of improving your health and preventing future problems.
- It can also help you find potential health problems early … that you need to follow-up with your doctor about for earlier and more successful treatment.
- It can help you track your progress and success if you are working on improving your cholesterol, blood pressure or other measures.
- You can share your results with your doctor. This will give your doctor an important view of your health. The doctor can add your results to your file and both of you can discuss any concerns, questions, etc. that either of you may have.
- It could save your life!